Sunday Data/Statistics Link Roundup (2/12)12 Feb 2012
- An awesome alternative to D3.js - R’s svgAnnotation package. Here’s the paper in JSS. I feel like this is one step away from gaining broad use in the statistics community - it still feels a little complicated building the graphics, but there is plenty of flexibility there. I feel like a great project for a student at any level would be writing some easy wrapper functions for these functions.
- How to run R on your Android device. This is very cool - can’t wait to start running simulations on my Nexus S.
- Interactive word clouds via John C. and why word clouds may be dangerous via Jason D.
- Trends in APIs - there are more of them! Go get your free data.
- A really interesting paper by Gary King on how to get a paper by exactly replicating, then building on or discussing, the results of a previous publication.
- 25 minute seminars - I love this post by Rafa, probably because my attention span is so short. But I think 25-30 minute talks are optimal for me to learn something, but not start to zone out…