The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy is hosting a meeting that will discuss several new federal efforts relating to big data. The meeting is is today from 2-3:45pm and there will be live webcast.
- John Holdren, Assistant to the President and Director, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Subra Suresh, Director, National Science Foundation
- Francis Collins, Director, National Institutes of Health
- Marcia McNutt, Director, United States Geological Survey
- William Brinkman, Director, Department of Energy Office of Science
- Zach Lemnios, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research & Engineering, Department of Defense
- Kaigham “Ken” Gabriel, Deputy Director, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Daphne Koller, Stanford University (machine learning and applications in biology and education)
- James Manyika, McKinsey & Company (Co-author of major McKinsey report on Big Data)
- Lucila Ohno-Machado, UC San Diego (NIH’s “Integrating Data for Analysis, Anonymization, and Sharing” initiative)
- Alex Szalay, Johns Hopkins University (Big Data for astronomy)
Update: Some more information from the White House itself.