- When does replication reveal fraud?
- The bright future of applied statistics
- Sunday data/statistics link roundup (5/12/2013, Mother's Day!)
- A Shiny web app to find out how much medical procedures cost in your state.
- Why the current over-pessimism about science is the perfect confirmation bias vehicle and we should proceed rationally
Tag Archives: visualization
I wrote a little function to make a personalized map of who follows you or who you follow on Twitter. The idea for this function was inspired by some plots I discussed in a previous post. I also found a … Continue reading
Nathan Yau Nathan Yau is a graduate student in statistics at UCLA and the author of the extremely popular data visualization blog flowingdata.com. He recently published a book Visualize This - a really nice guide to modern data visualization using R, Illustrator … Continue reading
Here is a cool page where yahoo shows you the email it is processing in real time. It includes a visualization of the most popular words in emails at a given time. A pretty neat tool and definitely good for … Continue reading
When doing data analysis, I often create a set of plots quickly just to explore the data and see what the general trends are. Later I go back and fiddle with the plots to make them look pretty for publication. But … Continue reading