I’m going to be heading out tomorrow for JSM 2016. If you want to catch up I’ll be presenting in the 6-8PM poster session on The Extraordinary Power of Data on Sunday and on data visualization (and other things) in MOOCs at 8:30am on Monday. Here is a little sneak preview, the first slide from my talk:
This year I am so excited that other people have done all the work of going through the program for me and picking out what talks to see. Here is a list of lists.
- Karl Broman - if you like open source software, data viz, and genomics.
- Rstudio - if you like Rstudio
- Mine Cetinkaya Rundel - if you like stat ed, data science, data viz, and data journalism.
- Julian Wolfson - if you like missing sessions and guilt.
- Stephanie Hicks - if you like lots of sessions and can’t make up your mind (also stat genomics, open source software, stat computing, stats for social good…)
If you know about more lists, please feel free to tweet at me or send pull requests.
I also saw the materials for this awesome tutorial on webscraping that I’m sorry I’ll miss.comments powered by Disqus